Photography Bay Community
April 25, 2017, 01:43:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Printing Issue from Lightroom  (Read 3766 times)
forkboy1965

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2011, 11:43:38 pm »

First some information:  iMac running latest OS X updates.  Lightroom 3 with all updates.  Hewlett Packard C7280 Photosmart printer using the software drivers imported by my Mac as opposed to installing the software which came with the printer.

I have had some difficulties with printing via Lightroom and I'm looking for some guidance/advice.

Scenario:  wanting to print either 8x10 or 5x7 borderless, which the C7280 printer can handle.  Using 8.5x11 card stock for the 8x10's and using 5x7 for the 5x7's.  Whether I use a Lr template for printing or set-up the printing parameters myself I often get mixed results.  Many times the 8x10's will actually be printed a bit larger (more like 8.25 x 10.50) than the 8x10 setting I have used (and I have cropped the picture to the 8x10 aspect ratio).

As I'm printing 5x7's on 5x7 stock the picture is always slightly zoomed so what I see on the screen is not what is printed.  This isn't a horrible problem unless the subject of the image already comes close to the borders as seen on the computer monitor because once printed they often go off the edge of the print.

I suspect it's an issue related to the printer, but I find that answer a bit weird regardless.

And worse, this problem isn't constant.  Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions are welcome.
forkboy1965

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 09:59:24 pm »

(sigh)
Eric Reagan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 05:06:26 pm »

Sorry man.  I'm going to open up the forum to a bigger audience hopefully later in March.  As it is now, there are only a handful of people signed up.
Eric Reagan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 10:34:59 pm »

I don't think this addresses your specific issue; however, I thought it was relevant to the discussion when I saw it today:

http://photography.bhinsights.com/content/printing-lightroom-%E2%80%93-part-2-seth-resnick-d65.html
forkboy1965

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 08:50:29 pm »

Thanks Eric.

I've been reading more and more about printing in Lr, but haven't had much opportunity of late to practice what's being preached.

I didn't know the forum wasn't open to any and all.  That might explain things a bit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: