Photography Bay Community
November 24, 2017, 09:00:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightroom and Import Presets  (Read 3325 times)
forkboy1965

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2011, 02:08:08 am »

I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and if so, what they did to correct it (if possible).

I recently began using a self-made preset in conjunction with the importation of image files into Lightroom from my camera's media card.  Most of the image files show the preset adjustments when I open the images in the Develop module, but a few pictures are always missing the actions associated with my preset.

I haven't noticed any obvious pattern to the ones which the preset actions are not applied.

Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions out there?

Thanks.
cwiddie

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 06:18:59 am »

Hi Forkboy

I had a similiar problem, although it was happening to a lot of mine and I did notice that it seemed to happen more if I was importing a large number of images.  The only way to rectify the problem for me was to delete the preset and start again!  It did not work with renaming the preset or saving under a different name.  I also installed the Lightroom update (I am now running 3.3) at the same time...... dont know if that made a difference!
A friend did however suggest that if I import the images into a folder on my desktop first it would also solve the problem, I have to admit I havent tried that as it seems to defeat the object some what!

Hope this helps!

Chris
forkboy1965

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 11:33:33 pm »

Thank you Chris for your reply. 

I cannot say with any certainty if this occurred with large, small or whatever sized imports as I don't recall.  And I agree that copying to my computer and then importing seems like an irritating extra step. 

I will try removing the present and re-creating it and see if that fixes matters.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: