Photography Bay Community
July 25, 2017, 11:48:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Light Stands  (Read 4008 times)
emtajim
« on: March 18, 2011, 01:39:55 am »

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this but here goes. I'm about to pick up some light stands for the Canon Speedlites and was wondering which way to go. I'm looking at either Manfrotto stands or LumoPro stands from Midwest (ala Mr. Strobist). I currently shoot portraits at a home studio as well as team members and team shots at various sports arenas. I currently utilize available lighting but want to make the next step. There is a fair price difference between the two and I could pick up some additional light modifiers for the price difference. Are the Manfrotto stands really that much better than the LumoPros and would I be kicking myself later if I was to choose the LumoPros?

Thanks
Jim     Huh Huh
melphoto60

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:18:11 am »

I have 2 light stands that I bought from MPEX one is interfit cor751 and the other is lumopro both are 8' air cushioned, the lumpro is smaller broken down both are well made and should last interfit cost 39.99 and lumopro i bought on sale.  Have fun and keep shooting.
emtajim
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 04:46:19 am »

Thanks melphoto60. I think I'll be giving the LumoPros a shot.

Jim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: